Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Interactions

A person is seen watching a time lapse video of the canvas being painted.  Photo by Alex Barber.

One of the most interesting things I have found about placing my work on the street is the interactions of the public with the piece.  Whether it's posing for a photo, to pray or even going out of their ways to repair pieces that were defaced (someone actually did this), I am constantly humbled that something that I created could effect someone in a way that would make them want to do these things.

I have tried to carry these same ideas/ interactions into the gallery in different ways.  The most common way is by using QR codes that allow viewers to use smart phones to pull up photos of the pieces on the street or even linking to videos of the pieces being created.  I love that I can use technology in a way that truly makes the experience of viewing one of my pieces multisensory and interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment