Thursday, September 29, 2011

Virgin Mary in Lisboa

Lisboa, originally uploaded by 2:12.
And another... but this one has a good story.

As I was taking photos of this piece a old lady came up and started asking about the piece in Portuguese.  A friend from Lisbon told her that is was by an American artist and she went on to say that it was beautiful and that she loved it.  It always gets me when the people that you would least expect to "love" a piece of street art are the people that appreciate it.  One of my goals since the start has been to show people that street art can be beautiful and can actually add to the environment rather than take away.  Needless to say this woman's comments made my day and made me feel that all of the hard work and travel to get there was worth it. Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment